이 블로그 검색

2010년 8월 26일 목요일

Kyungbok Palace and My Second Cooking Lesson


He is squeezing tofu
Steamed Mandoo
My First Mandoo
Tonight's Dinner-Mandoo Soup, Cucumber Soup, and Dongrangddeng
Roof Shot
One of the Palace Residence
Aninmal statue on the one of the palace residence
At the Pavillion
Another Shot of the Pavillion
Kyunghoe-Ru Pavillion
The Hyangwon Jeong
More Statues II
More Animal Statues III
The King's Chair inside the Palace
The End of Royal Changing Guard Ceremony
The Queen's Dress
The vehicle of Empress Sunjeong
King's Ride
National Folk Museum of Korea
The Roof
The Vehicle of Emperor Sunjeong

Today, I decided to go to KyungBok Palace.  It is the biggest palace in Seoul.  I'm always amazed by the size and the beauty of the palaces whenever I go to Korean palaces.  When I got out of the subway station, there were Korean National Palace Museum, so I decided to look around there before I go to Kyungbok Gung.  They had many artifacts and ceramic vases, etc like the one I saw at the Korean National Museum.  After touring the museum, I started walking toward the Palace, and I just found out that I just missed Royal Guard Changing Ceremony, so I might have to go there again to just watch the ceremony.  This Palace was destroyed during the Japanese invasions during 14th Century, but was rebuilt in 19th Century by King Kojong.  After touring the Palace, I went to my cooking class.  Today's menu was Mandu, cold cucumber salad and sugar cookies.  This was the first time I ever made mandu.  We made steamed mandu and mandu soup.  It was very tasty.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기