이 블로그 검색

2010년 8월 20일 금요일

Korean War Memorial Museum and Itaewon Antique Shopping

Kebab
Welcome to Itaewon
Drum
Hourglass shped Drum
Korean Mask
Patriot An JungGeon
Giant Drum
The Fountain
Model of Admiral Yi Sunshin's Turtle Ship
Itaewon Dunkin Donuts
Statue of Korean Soldiers
Airplane
Tanks and Missiles

King Sejong
Old Military Uniform
Museum Restaurant
Museum and Namsan Tower
KwangGetoDaeWang Bi
Samkakgi and Museum
War Museum Entrance






I went to Korean war memorial museum in Samgakji yesterday, it was bigger than I thought.  At the entrance, there were big memorial tower with 2 sets of statues.  Outside museum, there were displays of tanks, airplanes,ships and missiles.  As you enter the door, there were giant drum and statues of soldiers who died during the Korean War.  After you pass the passage, there were round dark room with water fountain in the middle with painted ceiling.  It explained the myth of how Korean history began.  I usually don't like to spend lots of time inside museum, especially war museums, but this one was very interesting.  I spent about 3 hours here looking at everything.  After that, I took a subway to Itaewon.  I grabbed my usually iced mocha.  After I rested for a while, I stopped by an antique store where Robert and I bought Korean chests over 16 years ago.  I bought 2 framed paintings of the King Sejong and the Queen.  I walked down Itaewon for more interesting stuff, but my legs were hurting and I was getting tired of carrying the pictures.  Before getting on the subway to the hotel, I went into Kebab corner to grab chicken kebab, it was very good.  When I got to hotel, I was so pooped out that I laid down on the bed and fell asleep.  My whole body aches, but yesterday was another very good day.  Today is 3rd Annual Korean Culture Day.  In different areas of Seoul, there are concerts, street shows, etc.  I plan on going to either Insadong or Hongdae to watch some of the events.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기