이 블로그 검색

2010년 8월 25일 수요일

Korean National Museum

In front of a model of Korean traditional house
Mirror from Baejae Dynasty??
Some sort of animal statue from 3 dynasty



Chairs

More Ceramic Vase

The Queen's Dress

Andong Mackerel Dinner

The Jewels worn by nobles

Man on a horse- I bought a copy of this last summer from Namdaemun Market last winter

The King's Crown from Shilla Dynasty

Ten Story Tower

Ceramic Vases

King's Chair
The Museum Entrance

The Korean National Museum

Small Buddha Statues


Cheongjajeong at Reflecting Pond



It was another rainy day, so I decided to do some indoor activities.  I went to Korean National Museum in Icheon.  This museum is pretty big.  I spent about 5 hours there, but still couldn't see everything.  I might have to go there again before I leave Korea.  They had lots of artifacts from 3 dynasties and international artifacts, and buddha statues, etc.  At the end of the tour, I stopped by museum gift shop ( since no museum tour is complete without stopping by gift shop), and purchased gifts for kids, nothing fancy, just notebooks and a pen and a fan.  Whiling touring the museum, I got hungry, so I stopped at Korean restaurant (that's the name of the restaurant) inside museum, and ordered Andong Mackerel meal.  I was so hungry that I ate every bit of meat left on the mackerel. After 5 hours of tour, I decided to head back to my hotel.  When I left the museum, I was able to avoid rush hour, but subway was still very crowded.  Fortunately, it stopped raining when I was heading toward the subway and when I got out of subway station.  I'll definately go back there to finish looking at Buddha exhibits.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기