이 블로그 검색

2010년 8월 21일 토요일

Korean Cultural Fair at Insadong

Cornhair shaped Candy- It's apparently what the king and the queen used to eat
Insadong Street
During TaekGyon Demonstration
Entrance to Insadon
BukChung Nori
North Korean Refugee Fund
Buckwheat Noodle Cold Soup
SSamjigol- tilted 4 story cultural center




Yesterday's destination was Insadong.   It was the one of the hottest day in Korea.  According to the news, most Korean went to the beach, about 1 million visiting Haeundae beach in pusan, but Insadong was still very crowded.  Yesterday was Seoul's 3rd annual culture fair, there were lots of handcrafted goods for sale.  I purchased 2 Korean traditional mask shown in Bukchang nori play.  Yesterday's lunch was buckwheat noodles.  The soup base is cold soy milk.  I used to eat this a lot during summer when I lived in Korea.  My plan is to try different food everyday, so I can take pictures of each food.  While I was walking around Insadong street, there were street performances.  One act was about protesting North Korea's human trafficking.   There were even someone who was selling mountain squirrels.  After I've finished shopping, I still had 2 more hours until the main event which is called Bukchung Nori, so I walked around more and purchased T shirt with Summer written in Korean, 2 Korean fans and a  handcrafted ring for Brenna.   While waiting to watch Bukchung Nori, there were Taekgyon Demonstration.  Taekgyon is another Korean traditional martial art.  It's different compared to Taekwondo.  Taekgyon is a  little bit like dancing.  The movement are more smoothe and fluid.  During the demo, there were little breaktime.  4 American guys who came to Korea to learn Taekwondo came out during the break, and show their Taekwondo skills, even though nobody asked for that.  After the Demo. was over, I had still 50 min. until the show.  I wanted to record the whole show, so I decided to sit around the main stage.  The Bukchang Nori was very interesting, especially the one with 2 lions were very entertaining.  This event was about an hour long.  After the show was over, I was ready to head back to my hotel.     

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기