이 블로그 검색

2010년 8월 15일 일요일

Finally, I ventured out today.

                     
A Korean Mask Shop-Robert, do you see anything you like?
Old heavy metal club
It's been 2 days since I arrived at Seoul.  Most of the time, I just sat around in hotel room to figure out what I'm going to do while I'm here.  I'm planning to make most out of this trip since this is the first time I'm away from my family.  First, I'm going to spend some time with my oldest brother who is going through very difficult time in his life, second,  I'm going to take some yoga lessons and Korean cooking classes, third, I'm finally going to get some facial and skin treatments done.  I've never had any facials or skin treatments before, so I'm very excited about it.  I only wanted to remove some freckles in my face and get some facials, but the dermatologist recommended some of the skin treaments such as tonings, fraxel and IPL to improve my skin tones.  My face became very tanned from Disney trip a few weeks ago, so he thought that these treatments might help getting my skin tone back faster.  Fourth, I'm going to try to excercise, so that I can finally shed some of pregnancy weight.  I picked this hotel because of its price, interior design and bidet, but now I'm not very happy about it because it is so far from subway station, about 10 min. walk, but, I decided to stay here longer, this way I can walk more to get to places, and most of the classes that I'll be taking are within 10 minute walk and my dermatologist clinic is 5 min. drive.   Today, I finally decided to venture out.  I wasn't sure where I wanted to go, so I just went to subway station, and picked Itaewon.  When I was here with Katie last winter and we went shopping at Itaewon, and that place was dead.  I wasn't really excited about going there, but I'll probably have to visit there at least once while I'm here, so I decided today is the day.  When I got there it was extremly crowded just like old times.  Hamilton Hotel is still there, but an ice cream store replaced Burger King.  16 years ago, there were a coffee shop named Falling and Falling and Falling and Falling in love with Coffee where Robert and I used to grab a cup of coffee , but now it's a Taco Bell.  "The King Club", the hottest club in Itaewon is now called King Bar, although old sign was still there.  I doubt it still is the hottest spot now.  There were bunch of international restaurants in Itaewon, I'd like to stop by there some other time to grab a lunch or dinner.  I wanted to try authentic turkey Kabobs that was on the side of street, but I wasn't really hungry, so I decided to try that next time.  Itaewon was very lively today.  I decided to stop by Dunkin Donuts to grab an iced coffee, and look at some of tourist information brochures.  I can't believe that I now have to grab a brochure and subway map to get to places in Korea, now....I feel like I'm a foreign tourist now, not a native korean.  That was really awkard feeling.  I'm hoping to feel like a Korean again at the end of this trip, and walk the street like I lived here all my life without holding and looking at subway map.  But, for now, I feel like I need a tour guide.  Here are some of picture that I have taken today.  I miss you guys....

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기