이 블로그 검색

2010년 9월 11일 토요일

Fastforward

Volvo at Hangangjin

Bakery Corner at Shinsegye Dept. Store
Spicy Kalbi Jjim
Spicy Cold Noodles
HoeDupBab (Sashimi and Vegetable Rice)
Chungmuro Street
The Statue of Emperor Sejong and The Blue House (The Residence of the South Korean President)
Soaking My Feet in The Water
The Entrance to ChungGyeChun
Art Disply at ChungGyeChun
ChungGyeChun near the Blue House


YeonSe Elegance Clinic in Apgujung Dong

Inside Clinic
Well...many things happened for the last 6 days.  I went to my first IPL session today, and things did not go so well.  It hurt a lot during the procedure, but apparently it's not supposed to hurt like that.  When I left the dermatologist office, my face was red and swollen, but not burnt.  But soon after, I noticed stripes (tiger/zebra stripes) on my forehead and chin.  It looked horrible.  I called the clinic and they told me to come over the next day.  When I went to the clinic the next day, the doctor said he hadn't seen such a thing before.  He believe this happened because I had too much tan over the summer.   The reason he wanted to perform IPL the last was to avoid this kind of the problem to happen.  Apparently, IPL is not recommended for someone who are tanned or who has darker skin.  Although he used lower light setting, it still burned my skin quite a bit.  Most of the scaps are gone now (normally, scaps supposed to stay on for at least a week, but scaps tend to come off within a few days for me), but now there is big difference in color where the scaps were.  I just need to wait about a month or two until the skin tones look even.  I need to stay away from the sun and always put on sunscreen when I go out.  I'm very angry about this, but will try to think positive.  Since my skin tends to heal faster and dead/old skin tends to come off easier than most people, I'm hoping the marks will be gone within a few weeks.  After having IPL, I mostly stayed in my room for the next few days.  I only went out to visit the clinic, Chunggyechun and to get parasol and sunscreen.  Yesterday, I had dinner with my brother.  We ordered Permented Kimchi (mukeunji)  Jjigye at Hangangjin area near my brother's company.  Since scaps are gone, I decided to spend some time outside my room today.  I first went to the clinic to get some skin renewal treatment for the affected area, and then I went to the dept store (Shinsegye Dept.Store) to buy a moiturizing cream.  My skin seemed to be drier than before after the treatment, so I decided to buy a good quality moisturizing cream made out of Korean herbs (HanYak).   Skin products made out of Hanyak is very popular these days in Korea.  The store was filled with people shopping for Chuseok(Korean Thanksgiving Day).   After shopping, I headed back to my hotel to have a dinner with my brother and his wife.  We went to Samgyupsal (Grilled Beacon) restaurant, and had 4 orders of Samgyupsal, Kimchi and Pork JJim and Makkuli.   Since no great dinner is complete without a desert, we went to a bakery to have blueberry soft cream cake and coffee.  It was overall a good day.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기